Some people prefer to let their hair dry naturally after a shower or bath, and while perhaps you can do this sometimes,
There are heaps of benefits of blow drying hair. I mean, think about it this way – if you’ve made plans to go to the mall with your friends after school, a shower and a blow dry is the quickest way to get ready.
Here are some of the benefits of blow drying hair:
- Makes styling easier
- It is faster than let it air dry
- Gives it a personal touch
- Less frizz in your hair
- Looks better
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of blow drying and some other questions you might have about the process so that you can get that salon-quality blow dry at home.
Next time you are getting your hair cut, you should definitely opt to get a blow dry too. Perhaps you have a special occasion coming up where you need to look awesome.
If you learn to blow dry your hair at home, you can look amazing every day of the week.
Here are just a few of the benefits to consider that make it a good idea to fit blow drying into your daily routine.
It Makes Styling Easier
When you blow dry your hair, you’ve got a much nicer area to work with. If you have curly or frizzy hair, blow drying will make it much straighter, particularly if you use a product on it first.
Straight and smooth hair is much easier to work with, allowing you to experiment with lots of hot trends. When your hair is dry, this can make styling quicker and easier – no matter what look you might be going for.
It will help you get in a beauty routine
When you get in the habit of blow drying your hair every day, it will become part of your routine and will always urge you on to make an effort in regards to other aspects of your appearance.
Increases Your Confidence
Think about how happy and confident you are when you have a good hair day, now consider how you feel when the opposite is true.
A bad hair day can be such a dent in how you feel about yourself. If you blow dry your hair or get it done professionally on a regular basis, you are guaranteed good hair and more confidence.
Being confident and self-assured is so beneficial in many different areas of your life so if it needs to start with your hair, then so be it.
Important Things To Consider
All you basically need to give yourself a blow dry at home is a good quality hairdryer, but there are some more things about blow dries that you might find useful.
- To blow dry your hair, you first need the perfect hair dryer. Look for one that is at least 1800 watts and with multiple different heat settings.
Looking at reviews online should also help you find the best device for your needs. Having a good-quality hairdryer does not necessarily mean you need to pay heaps of money – and perhaps you can even ask for one for your birthday/Christmas.
- Some other tools you need to hand to blow dry your hair properly includes a round brush, a hair clip, heat protection spray and possibly some mousse or hairspray.
- Make sure that you keep the nozzle on the hair-dryer so the heat doesn’t get too close to your hair because this could cause damage.
- Heat protection is so important, it keeps your hair hydrated and more importantly, it stops your hair from getting damaged from the heat.
You don’t need to buy an expensive heat protection spray, all heat protection works pretty much the same way and you can pick some up at the dollar store.
- When you have soaking wet hair, dry it all through a little with the hair dryer on a medium setting. After this, pin the top layers of your hair up and dry the underneath layers before brushing it out.
When this step is done, let all the hair down and blow dry the top. This will give your hair some bounce and generally give you that radiant look you want to achieve. Once you have styled your hair this way for a couple of times, it will just become like second nature.
- Before you use any other devices on your hair after a blow dry, like straighteners, you should make sure that your hair is fully dry.
Some people say that blow drying your hair isn’t good due to possible damage but there is nothing wrong with it providing you use heat protection and don’t do it every single day.
There are definitely more benefits of blow drying hair than what there are drawbacks.
It is important that you are happy with how you look and a blow dry can enormously help you out with that.
Whether you are male or female, you can get an amazing blow dry from the salon and feel so much better about yourself with the end result.
Hopefully, you can see the benefits of blow drying hair and you can achieve the perfect blow dry look at home by following the tips and tricks that have been mentioned in this article.